The Busey Foundation is committed to the following:
- To raise awareness of the existence of Kawasaki Disease (KD) among the public and medical professionals so that every case of KD is treated in time therefore preventing life altering or life threatening consequences of KD.
- To provide funding to aid in research to discover the cause of KD.
- To provide funding to aid in research to discover a single diagnostic test for KD. At the present moment there is no single diagnostic test, and the onset of symptoms are oftentimes difficult to distinguish from other diseases, which may complicate and prolong the diagnosis of KD which ultimately may cause delay of treatment resulting in life threatening complications.
- To provide funding to aid in research of the long term affects of KD
- To provide funding to aid in research to improve and enhance existing treatments of KD.